Saturday, January 28, 2012

GooGoo (Chicken Parmesan with a Twist)

Ok, So now I may be ready to post something new.  Well really it is mainly about having enough quiet moments to post.  Today I made Chicken Parmesan for my family with a twist.  Remember you can not please everyone and today was one of the days that not all of my children were pleased. What else is new? Well what I made today was not new but made in a new way.


Here  is what I did:
Frozen Chicken Tenders
Spaghetti Noodles
Spaghetti Sauce
Black Olives
Velveeta Cheese


Cooked separately but at the same time:
Noodles on the stove
Chicken tenders in the oven
Spaghetti sauce in the crock pot


After the noodles and tenders were done I added them to the crock pot along with black olives and 8 oz of sliced Velveeta with the lid put back on.  Waited for the cheese to melt and served with a side of applesauce.

Now some of my children did not like the black olives but very easy to remove and it seems that applesauce for us is always a hit.


Now if you are wanting to make this healthy I suggest the following:
Whole wheat noodles 
Low/No Sodium Spaghetti Sauce
Velveeta well has 1/3 less fat 
Rather than use frozen breaded chicken use fresh chicken or lean hamburger/turkey meat


The cool thing is it took about 20 min to prep and get into crock pot- then I had some time to do other things around the house today - and when u r done serving just put the crock pot thingy in the fridge!

No comments: