Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Absense Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

I have been out of the kitchens at school for the summer while studying online instead.  Today in class, I stepped into the kitchen, where I have learned some pretty important things not only about cooking but about life as well.  I felt juvenile and giddy with a smile from ear to ear and my heart pounding.  

The case of raw chickens to be cut up, the bucket of broth, the shininess of the tables and  the stove/oven yelling at me to use them immediately.  It seemed that the kitchen was living and breathing on its own.  I am sure you are thinking this girl is nuts, I assure you I am not.  

The Kitchen is only alive; a living and breathing being when I am alive.  Not physically living but alive in my heart, desire & passion for the opportunity to create food that is beautiful and fulfilling just for my audience.


"Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it."
--Hardy D. Jackson

 

 

No comments: